A collection of stories given life through your imagination and told with a personalized flare. Heavily inspired by manga/anime.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Scouts Crossing Paths

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kosuke

PostSubject: Scouts Crossing Paths   Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Kosuke walked through the ruins of a city that had one held the capital of a country. It was now in such a deteriorated state that it was practically abandoned. He was wearing a tattered black cloak with his sword on his back, the hilt just poking above his left shoulder. His white hair flowing in the light breeze, he glanced around the area. Ruins of buildings flanking him on both sides, but he was used to this sort of thing. He had been a scout for a number of months, it was typically a very quiet job, but it payed good due to volunteers being so scarce. He wondered briefly if the Guardians had any scouts. Obviously they would have something similar, but he wondered how they ran them. Were they government sanctioned or did they have their own units? It was questions like these he asked himself to pass the time. He walked down the plant infested streets with a slow, leisurely gait. No rush today, and no worries about running into any other people or the monsters, no today would be calm. He wondered what he would be doing now had the disaster not happened, would he be married with a kid on the way? Would he still be working the same, boring job he had been for the past few years? It was interesting to think about, but was pointless. Nothing would change his new reality, so he needed to learn to live with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugetsu

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Moscow... It had been the first time Karma had been here in his life and it was sad the most of it had been in ruins. This was the case for most of the world for him. During his time with the Fulbright Clan he was not allowed to leave settlement not because the clan didnt want the world to know of the clan of knights but simply because he was a half breed... Karma would walk through a maze of half destroyed brick houses as the deeper he went into the abandoned city the thicker the vegetation growing out of control had become. He would kneel behind a large brick wall, as his long blond hair and icy blue eyes began to focus on the ground. The knight dressed in a series of white and blue frabic with golden buttons and straps would find a shimmering silver locket covered lazily by a pile of dirt.

Picking up from its resting space Karma would walk forward directly into a empty walk way as his lifted the locket into the air letting the sunlight reveal further details. Out of the corner of his eye he would see a cloaked figure walking along the oath he had just stumbled upon. It was best that Karma mind his business or so he thought there was no telling what this stranger might want. Just in case the trained knight would keep his guard up only preferring to talk to the figure only if it had spoken first.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Kosuke noticed movement not far from him. A man dressed in regal garb was holding some form of locket, most likely one he found while scavenging the wastes. It was obviously the man wasn't a scout for the Crusaders, which left only two options and one of them was very unlikely. Either he was some sort of outlier who avoided the two established groups in favor of surviving on his own in the wilderness, or the more likely option, he was a Guardian. Either way, it was sort of Kosuke's job to find out who the guy was, but nowhere did it say he had to engage him should he be a Guardian. So, should the man prove no threat to Kosuke, there would not need to be a fight, plain and simple. approaching the man, he would speak in a clear voice, "Hello there, I suppose you are what is considered a scout for the Guardians?"

It was easier if he didn't leave the man guessing as to what he was. He would be as transparent as possible, to avoid fighting on the grounds of withholding information or lying. He would only fight with clear or perceived hostility. He was ready to draw his blade or call his ghost should it be needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugetsu

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:37 am

It would seem that Karma would have to talk to the stranger, not that there was any problem with that but it would troublesome if the man had any ill will. It would seem that this man had some discerned that he was a Guardian, where the differences in the two factions so noticeable that this man was capable of discerning such information? In any case Karma would decide to keep himself entertained with the Crusader for now. Shoving the locket he had picked up into his pocket, Karma would face the man allowing himself to burn every aspect of the mans appearance in his mind before responding his quest.

"Scout? Heh... No I just like to roam outside the walls when I get a chance and find things I think could be of use or things that tell a story of what life was like before everything happened. But I guess its good I stumbled into you and now I can confirm that the Crusaders are also searching the lands and gathering information for future invasions. I don't understand why all of mankind is fighting for territory when we all she be working together to destroy the monsters lurking about and figuring out what the hell happened to our world... But for now I shall just do what the ones who saved me asks and that is to help the Guardian faction reach its goals..."

It would seem that Karma let his self rant and say a few more things then he should have but it did not matter. It would seem that the Crusader had no reservations on revealing some information to him so why shouldn't the blond knight do the same. Gathering any information he could rather he had to fight for it or not would surely be helpful to the Guardians cause it just all depended on how this interaction between the two would progress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:50 am

Kosuke merely shrugged at the mans response. Why didn’t the two sides work together? The same reason there wasn’t peace on earth before the disaster. And the same reason there would never be real peace on the earth. Because there was never meant to be. “We don’t work together because we as a species, as any species, were never meant to work cooperatively for a greater good. While looking at it in a general light, it would be more beneficial to work together, the world is built on laws. The greatest and most obvious of these laws is survival of the fittest. Those who can adapt in such a way to lead to their own survival and the survival of their family or clan are the ones who clearly deserve to survive. It is this base, animalistic desire that drives humanity apart. We can cite reasons such as race, religion, ideals, morals, but in the end, it’s just our nature to fend for ourselves only. Let those who can survive do so, and those who are a hinderance... let them reap the rewards of their own abilities.” Perhaps he was the only one who viewed the world in such a cynical manner, but having died as many times as he had, it would change anyone in some fundamental way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugetsu

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:44 am

Karma had been intrigued... This was the first time he had heard such an opinion about the world. One in which made things seem dark and selfish. It was not Karma's place to comment on the mans opinions only because he had not experienced the world before the apocalypse he only knew what his clan members had told him and some stories were filled with glorified happy endings and others filled with blood shed and war. While it had been his mission to work for the guardians and the people who saved his life after the monsters attack he did truly want to know what the world was like, the world he had not gotten a chance to explore. But he knew that it was gone now and probably forever. All Karma could do was hear the stories of those who were out in the world and it would appear the man before seems to be a realist of some sort.

"Yes it would seem that all you say is true and I myself cannot comment more on the matter. I can only express my opinion even if it may seem foolish or wrong in the end. But I seek to discover what this world was like in the past and if powers granted from mysterious source from anime and manga then so be it. I have no issue with any Crusader and I only help Guardians until I can someday pay off my debt. Even if I am following orders in doing so I can always gather the information I need through interaction with people like yourself. I want to see the world that my mother lived in and the world that myself and my father were denied the chance of exploring..."

Karma would want to shift the conversation in a slightly different direction one that would allow him to obtain more information one the mysterious powers some people seemed to possess. But first he would need the mans name and in exchange he would offer his own. He did not have to worry about his opponents knowing about his abilities because at this point only the higher ups and himself knew of powers. "What is your name Crusader? I am Karma...Karma Fulbright. I felt you needed to know this before I asked what I am going to next." Karma would lean against the tall break wall he had appeared from before continuing with his interrogation of some sorts. "

"I can only assume that since you're out here that you too possess some sort of abilities it would be otherwise foolish to travel outside of your faction territories even in these neutral areas where monster sighting are low. Would you mind telling of the moment when you realized you had come to possess these abilities? Feel free to leave any descriptions of the powers themselves out of your explanation."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:37 pm

The world was a place that Kosuke both missed and reviled at the same time. He enjoyed his memories of a simpler time, but now, thanks to the end of the world and the powers that granted him. But, he still had vivid memories of what the world was before it happened. The man then introduced himself as Karma Fullbright. It was an unusual name, but then, Kosuke wasn't familiar with the naming schemes of the whole world, so he didn't think much of it. "I am Kosuke Kotomine. As for when I realized I had powers? It was during the end of the world. I was confused, frightened and running for my life like everyone else. I was then hit by a truck. Obviously I survived, it was then that I realized I was not like other people. It was that moment that set me on my current path." It seemed an unusual tale, not particularly grand, but it was in fact a testament to his life before all of this, it wasn't particularly grand either.

"You do not seem like you remember much of the old world, even though just a little over a year ago all of this would have seemed like a fantasy. When did you discover your curse?" It was only fair to ask the man before him the same question. Perhaps it would shed light onto what powers he possessed. Not that it mattered, but Kosuke did find the other powers present in the world interesting. He wondered what all this man was capable of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugetsu

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:07 pm

Kosuke Kotomine... He would remember the young mans name if a time ever came when he needed to reveal such information to the rest of the Guardians. As Karma predicted he would gain some sort of info on the powers Kosuke held but the describing of the events in which he received them were still to vague to discern exactly what kept him alive during that incident. Could it be a durability enhancing power or something else? For now Karma would not prod the man further about his powers he did not want to set off any alarms. He needed to lure the crusader into feeling comfortable around him which maybe could lead to him slipping up and revealing something he shouldn't. The quickest way he felt he could gain the mans trust was by revealing something personal and it so happened that what he could tell him was apart of the answer he wanted from the blonde knight.

"I... I discovered that I had special abilities when my mother was struck down by Outcast right in front of me. Filled with anger and sadness something inside of me snapped. I cannot remember much of what happened after that but when I had regained control of myself all I could see was a field of black flames stretching out as fast as my eyes could see and the only place that had been safe from the flames were where I had been standing not long after that I lost consciousness once again to later end up with one of the early settlements of the Guardians."

Karma had decided to give a bit more information about his powers then he should have in an attempt to get the crusader to do the same. Mentioning the color of his flames would surely help narrow down a certain group of anime character who had such powers but not enough to completely give away his predecessor. Karma would then back track on Kosuke's statement about him not remembering the old world. Maybe there was some information Karma could collect about the old world from Kosuke, they appeared to be around the same age. What would someone living a normal live back then like Kosuke be doing?

"I do not remember much of the world back then because I was not apart of most of it. I was kept hidden away and trained from the moment I was brought into this world. I liked to think I was kept in what most people would call a cult but in reality it was just the way of life for the Fulbright Clansmen."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:20 am

So, Karma was some sort of cultist hermit? Interesting indeed. He could only imagine that having such a potent offensive ability such as being able to manifest and no doubt control a unique variant of fire had made this man an invaluable resource to the Guardians. It had also no doubt changed the man since getting them and training them. Just as his own powers had changed him. “Black Fire, huh? That’s a pretty unique ability there. But, I suppose most abilities are unique in their own way, for either offense or defense, though yours seems to be much more offensive in nature.” His own power was almost entirely defensive unless one counted his ghost. But, he would keep that trump card to himself for the time being. “So what is life like for the Guardians? I have suspicions that it is very similar to life as a Crusader. Walled city, happy people, unhappy people, workers, soldiers, leaders, followers. It’s interesting how little the world can change after such a life altering event, the core structure and foundation remains untouched.” He moved the topic from powers, of this guy wanted to know his powers, he’d have to kill him and see for himself. He internally chuckled slightly at the thought, no doubt death by black flames would be irritating. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugetsu

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Karma had caught on to the quick change in subjects from powers. Maybe Kosuke had not been capable of answering that many more questions or saying anything about his powers without giving up their full ability. Karma couldn't help but think back to the story of him living a truck accident. Karma knew that he was capable of handling physical damage and survive but what about magical attacks. It was then that Karma would hold his palm forward summoning the black and purple flame to hover above it. It would then form into the shape of a ball no bigger then a baseball. Karma did not plan to attack Kosuke at this moment but maybe the black flame ball in his hand would intimidate the man enough to call forth some sort of his abilities.

Returning his attention back to the white haired man he would decide to focus on his question as he slowly the let the size of the flame ball swell, "Life is indeed the same and your asking and statement of such things on makes me wonder why both sides don't work together even more but lets not back track on such things. I have heard people say that the cities are a lot like they were before and in some cases more advanced due to the powers bestowed upon most of us." By the time Karma had finished talking the fireball in his hand had swelled to the size of a basketball. He would wait for Kosuke's response before doing anything else. In the mean time he would manipulate the fire ball to fly from his hand and circle around his body. He could only wonder what what the man in front of him was thinking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:15 pm

The man created a black and purple flame, manipulating it with apparent ease. The first thought in Kosuke's mind was a memory of the time he burned himself to death. It was second only to drowning, but he did not have a desire to relive that particular demise. But, it would seem the man was merely showing off and didn't mean him any harm. Listening to what he said as the ball of flames grew and rotated around him like a planet orbiting the sun, he would ponder his own thoughts on the subject. "The two do not help each other because deep down, they know that its for their own gain. The moment an opportunity to get ahead of the other arises they will be at each others throats. So, its best to just maintain distance and mild aggression, rather than give in to the risk of a potential betrayal." Watching as the fire danced, part of him wished to fight the man in front of him, if only to see how well he did.

But, he held back. He didn't know what else this man had in his repertoire. Sure, he couldn't die, but he could still be paralyzed or knocked unconscious. And should those things happen and he not already spawned his ghost, he would be next to helpless should the man choose to capture him and bring him back to the Guardians to torture him. Sure, he would never give any information on the Crusaders, due to his particular resistance to pain, but it would most certainly be annoying. "You seem to have a fair bit of control over that fire. I assume it is a bit more potent than ordinary flames, no?" He was not even baiting at this time, no, he was genuinely curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugetsu

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Karma would nod in response to Kosuke's statement on why both factions wont work together. People sure are stubborn but as the white haired man had stated such things had been drilled into the human way of life since its earliest days... It would seem that his plan to intimidate Kosuke had not worked at all in fact it seemed to merely intrigue the man. His observation of Karma's level of control with the flames and his curiosity of its potency began seemed he was truly fascinated by its unusual appearance. But unknown to this man Karma's level of control with the flames extended way past just forming a ball but this was something that he would keep to himself.

"Your assumption is correct these flames are much more powerful then the average flames but that is all I am going to say about it."

It was at that moment that Karma would launch the black sphere into the high into the air allowing it to explode above them before he extinguished the remaining flames left behind. It was not the best idea to let his opponent observe it too long as anyone with skill could eventually detect the difference in the flames even in comparison to flames almost identical in color and intensity. "So I can only assume you're one of the more tame Crusaders you haven't shown even a slight amount of hostility towards me since you stumbled upon me. Wouldn't it be more beneficial for your to take me out so that I don't report any of my findings to my superiors? Or maybe I should initiate an attack of some sorts?" Karma didn't intend on attacking the man at this current moment but he did think it would be interesting to hear Kosuke's response on his somewhat passive aggressive threat.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:52 am

Watching as the ball soared into the air, Kosuke was still very much intrigued by this ability. When it exploded, he returned his attention to the blonde man in time to hear what could only be seen as some form of passive threat. Kosuke would chuckle some, “You could try to kill me. But it wouldn’t go the way you may plan for it to, so I wouldn’t advise it. I have too much to live for to die now.” It was all he said, but he placed a hand on the sword that he kept on his back. He wouldn’t just stand and die quietly, though he wouldn’t reveal his ghost until absolutely necessary. Watching the mans movements, he wondered if this was just another bluff to get him to reveal his own powers, but perhaps it was a genuine threat? He may never know unless it is acted upon.  But, he wasn’t going to go down quite as easily as most people would. He would go down fighting. Then he’d get back up and fight some more. If only the fittest survived, that made him the fittest of all. Because he would survive anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugetsu

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:45 am

Karma had been intrigued by Kosuke's response to his passive threat. It had seem that the man was both confident in his demeanor but also reluctant and defensive at the same time. This put into question whether he was confident in his ability to not take any harm from his attack or his ability to fight and protect himself from the very beginning. In any case this response only made Karma want to strike more but there was no need for him the two to fight now especially when there were so many unknown variables. Karma had known that the man was a scout and that could mean that there were others near by or in fact someone waiting on him to return with information. It would be bothersome it Karma had been attacked by other Crusaders especially when he himself was one hundred percent alone in this neutral area.

Karma could do nothing but set the stage for them to fight one day in the near future, "Relax relax... I was just kidding haha. Of course I would love nothing more then to find out about the secrets your hiding with your abilities but there is no reason to defile this peaceful and informative conversation that were having. Although all bets are off if we ever meet again I cant say I will go for blood but I will make sure that I enjoy myself." Karma would raise his  hand in a sign of peace to hopefully relax the man in front of him once again there were a few more things Karma had wanted to know and fighting would ruin the chance to find out. Karma would peacefully wait until Kosuke had returned to a calmed state before asking another question that been on his mind that pertained to not only the two of him here but all of those who possessed unique abilities.

"I have one more question about your powers then I will leave the subject alone... Back before the world as you knew it had disappeared were you a big fan of anime and manga? More importantly did you watch or read the media in which your powers came from? I have heard some stories of people not being aware of the character or media in which their powers have came from. I myself   prior to the apocalypse had only been aware of the universe in which my powers have came from as that was the only source of outside world entertainment that those lenient enough in the Fulbright Clan would give me. I now of course have made it a job of mine to dive deeper into anime and manga in case I would ever need the knowledge but this is something I always ask new people I meet." The of course had been a loaded question but nothing that would reveal the source of someones powers if they had answered the question. Karma himself had made sure to avoid naming any specifics about his source as well in a attempt to distribute the information gain from this question properly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:33 am

Kosuke let go of his sword handle and relaxed a bit more, though he only tensed due to the thought of reliving his other experience of dying by fire. Listening to the man ask about having another bout, kosuke would chuckle slightly. “No need to worry about holding back. Anything you’ve got, I can take it. Not being cocky or anything, I’m just aware of my limits, or lack there of in this case. Even if you could kill me, I would relish in deaths sweet embrace.” He would then pause to hear out the next question. Giving it a moment of thought, he did watch a few Anime in his day and read Manga in his free time.

Yeah, I remember which anime I got these abilities from, but I know a few I’d rather take from if I had a choice.” He would let out a friendly laugh. Looking back to Karma he would smirk, “Why don’t we have our little spar here and now? I’ve got nothing left to do today and no one ever looks for me to be late back home. They know I can handle anything I come across out here.” He dislikes how cocky he came off, he wasn’t an arrogant person, he was just immortal. Drawing his blade, the black metal glimmering in the sun, it’s most noticeable feature being that it lacked a guard and the hilt was just wrapped in a black cloth up to the blade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugetsu

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:17 am

Karma was intrigued it seem that this man did not mind participating in a friendly spar of some sorts. Watching Kosuke draw his black would make Karma's heart rate quicken in excitement and without thinking a large grin would cover his face as held right palm forward without any words. The black flame that he once played with moments ago would appear once again and would once again began to take the same shape as before. Just as the flame would once again swell and shape into a ball mimicking the size of a basketball, Karma would then reposition his palm allowing it to float in front if him and his palm to be facing the back side of the palm.

"Well if you don't mind maybe we can have fun for a little while!"

Upon finishing his words Karma would control the front of the sphere facing towards his opponent to explode propelling three beam like streams of flame to fly at his target with great speed. Each beam of flame would aim to attack a different part of Kosuke, one aiming for the left side, the right side, and the center of his ribcage. This was a simple attack indeed something to test his opponents reaction time and hopefully force him to show a bit of his strength. Karma thought it would be best if he used the flames he revealed earlier as his main source of attacking right now. Giving his opponent more information on his abilities would not be beneficial he the knight did not plan on administering a fatal blow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scouts Crossing Paths   

Back to top Go down

Scouts Crossing Paths
Page 1 of 1